Delhi University will hold Entrance Exam for 12 UG Courses
DU to hold Entrance Exam for 12 UG Courses
Delhi University will conduct admissions for 12 undergraduate courses through Entrance Exam this year. As per DU conditions, admissions will be based on marks received in the qualifying exam, which is the Class XII exam, as well as the entrance examination.
Also See : Delhi University Admission
The Schedule for the exams is yet to be released.
- The university stated that applicants will have to fill the common entrance form and then select the entrance-based undergraduate courses that they want.
- The non-refundable registration fee for the courses is Rs 500. For SC/ST/PwD applicants, it is Rs 250.
- A separate registration fee will be charged for each entrance test for which an application is submitted.
- Since the fee is non refundable the applicant must surely check the eligibility criteria, registration fee will not be refunded in case the candidate is found unsuitable at a later stage of the admission process.
- Each course has a different eligibility quota and a different format for the entrance examination.
- A practical exam will be held for the entrance-based courses offered by the Faculty of Music and Fine Arts. If an applicant has not taken music as one of his/her subjects in the qualifying exam, then they need to have studied music from a well-known teacher/guru or recognised institution for ‘not less than three years’.
- For those applying to courses offered by the Faculty of Applied Social Sciences and Humanities, the university said that applicants must state their order of preference of course and college at the time of filling their online application form.
- Allotment of courses and colleges to the applicants shall be based on the rank secured by the applicant in the entrance examination.
Also See : DU Entrance Exams 2018 for Nine UG Courses
Total of 21 preferences for female applicants and 17 for male applicants are available. The applicant has to choose course/college combination in front of each preference in the registration form. The preference order cannot be changed once it is submitted and the payment of fee is made.
For the Bachelors of Elementary Education course offered by the Faculty of Education, applicants are required to state their order of preference of college in their online application form. The preference order submitted cannot be changed once the payment of fee is made. The students have eight colleges to choose from.
There is no reservation for Kashmiri migrants, Sikkimese people, ward quota and Sports/Extra curricular activity (ECA) quota in the 12 entrance-based undergraduate courses.