CBSE permits scrutiny of Answer Books for class X and XII
CBSE has consented to the scrutiny of answer books of class X and XII
After the Delhi High Court’s intervention, CBSE has decided to permit scrutiny of answer books for Class 10 and 12 examinations. However, scrutiny of answer books is only for the students who have applied for the photocopies of their evaluated scripts.
The CBSE made the submission before the bench of justices Yogesh Khanna and Manmohan. After the submission, the petition was disposed of.
The following modalities and scrutiny’s schedule is published by the CBSE:
- For Class 12, only the students who have applied for a photocopy of the answer book will be eligible to apply for scrutiny in their respective regional offices for the subjects English Core, English Elective (NCERT), Elective English (CBSE), Hindi Core, Hindi Elective, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Economics, Accountancy, and Business Studies. Also, the request will be accepted only once.
- For Class 10, all the requests related to the unevaluated questions or the ones in which marks are not awarded will be dealt with the same process as the verification process.
- For the theory portion, a maximum of 10 questions will be verified with each question for Rs. 100/-. The application for scrutiny must be sent along with reasoning in the required questions.
- The request for scrutiny of marks in a theory paper will be sent through NEFT or offline with a Demand Draft drawn in the place of the Regional office, in favor of “Secretary, CBSE” between 1st July to 7th July.
- Before sending the scrutiny request, the applicant must refer to the marking scheme available on the website.
- The marks of the first evaluation will be annulled only if there is a variation of 5 or more marks. If the change is up to 2 marks, the marks of the first evaluation will be considered.
- If a student’s mark is increased or decreased after scrutiny, the fresh marks will be issued only after the old marks statement has been surrendered.
- The status of scrutiny will be uploaded on the internet, followed by a formal letter by a speed post.
- If marks are increased, the fees for the Scrutiny of marks shall be refunded for that question. If the marks are decreased or remain unchanged, the fee will not be refunded and no further appeal or review shall be entertained.
- The Board is not responsible for any inconvenience caused to the student.
- No application, if it’s incomplete or is without the fee, shall be entertained.
For any query, candidates are requested to check the official website
Click here or more education news.
For more details, follow SuccessCDs ( Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter )