The Central Board of Secondary Education has announced a ‘Handbook for PSA’. This handbook will be dealing with the difficulties that the students of Class IX and XI have been facing in Problem Solving Assessment. So to combat the problem that these students have been facing, the Board has announced the handbook which will be sold at Rs. 100 apiece.
The handbooks for Class IX have already been made available through the coordinators of the respective cities and can also be found in the CBSE Regional Offices. Whereas the PSA handbooks for Class XI are only available at the Delhi CBSE Regional Office (Patpar Ganj- Delhi) and so can be ordered online.
You can contact the CBSE office for more information at +91-9871604442 or email them at [email protected]
1 It is mandatory for all students of Class IX and Class XI to appear in Problem Solving Assessment (PSA).
2. There is no specific syllabus for `Problem Solving Assessment’. It will assess the Life Skills relating to following areas:-
3. The Life Skills shall be assessed within the following domains:
• Quantitative: which includes the reasoning seen in the Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences
• Qualitative: which includes the kinds of reasoning found in Mathematics and Science
• Language Conventions: This includes different aspects of written communication (e.g. grammar, vocabulary etc.)
4. There will be 60 items of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) and carry 90 marks.